Is there any way to get a proper launch icon? I investigated the files, but can't figure out where an icon is stored. Right now the exe is just a Windows icon...Thank you for this wonderful game--and for your continued support of the series.
Age of Fear: The Undead King GOLD
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
ABOUT THIS GAME
Age of Fear is a turn-based strategy series that marries a tabletop wargame with elements of RPG. Age of Fear: The Undead King GOLD is an extended version of the original Age of Fear: The Undead King. The original game has been released seven years ago and since then the tactical RPG sphere moved toward Open World. This project aims to bring Age of Fear series to Open World!
Our fans know we frequently implement new features and update all our games. Since release we have introduced items, additional heroes, team-composition penalties, more focus on story, non-linearity and World Map, just to name a few. Now we would like to redesign the original Age of Fear: The Undead King into fantasy mercenary simulator (like a top down Battle Brothers with fireballs and a story!) and progressively add more exciting features.
Strategy Guide - the series has grown into a complex creation with multiple intertwined subsystems. Early 2018 players asked why Age of Fear had no guide? Therefore, we have put together the Strategy Guide! (http://age-of-fear.net/downloads/AOFStrategyGuide.pdf)
- World Map known from Age of Fear series with non-linearity and all special locations!
- Open World where you can endlessly explore the Age of Fear world. Fans of the series know it's not only randomised battles, but you can also capture enemies and build your own unique team from over 200+ distinct creatures!
- Global Events that are fired while the player party is on the World Map, à la Battle Brothers. This feature is still being developed and could serve to provide more lore and enrich unit's interactions!
- Player's Base which can be upgraded as you explore the Age of Fear world. Upgrades will enable additional units, skills and open extra locations!
- Alignment such as Evil and Holy. This feature has been already introduced into Age of Fear series, but requires more work to make it more impactful - currently the game content is skewed too much toward Evil heroes.
- Extended Story such as Krill's visions, alternative endings, detailed lore, etc.
- ...everything else we come up with! - purchase only if you want to have access to the latest features in age of fear series and keep in mind that this is an evolving product.
The above list is not finite. We would also like to experiment more with some mechanics which might be not backward compatible with the current Age of Fear series or un-balance it too much. Therefore, expect changes and more amazing new stuff coming!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $12.49 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi there, sure - I need to check how to supplement icons in itch config files.
So how do you play the game on mac without Steam? None of the .exe works and I have the Mac Zip.
Ah, please start by aof-start-macosx.command ^^
Awesome! I had to bypass the MacOS security to open it, yesterday it was my fault for not reading it thoroughly when I tried to open macosx.command and it told me it would not open because the app was not purchased through apple app store, so if I wanted to open the app I had to bypass the MacOS. You're the man Leslaw, big fan of your content keep up the good work!
No steam key?
It's not released on Steam yet. Steam keys will be added Jun-2019 (and also send to all current purchases).
Thx for the fast reply Leslaw. Bought the bundle here on itch to support you.
Another question. What about dlc's for AOF3? Steam only?